Friday, July 24, 2009

Youth Leader: Dayanna Guerrier

My name is Dayanna Guerrier , I'm 14 years old and this is my brief statement about the Edward C. Gartland Youth Centre. This facility was officially opened on November 7th 2008.  It is a place where many activities are carried on daily such as: drama camp, native dancing, limbo contest (boys vs girls!), computer and typing class, english class and so much more!

At the time when the Youth Centre was not yet constructed my life was missing something. As soon as I was introduced to the Centre, it became a big part of my life.  Though sometimes it's fun, we still have to uphold the rules of the Centre.  

I currently hold a position as a Youth Leader and I'm also Treasurer for the Youth In Development group.  In Youth In Development, we work together to enhance the minds of the youth for the future, by attending meetings and workshops, organizing fundraisers and doing community projects.

No comments: