Thursday, July 9, 2009

Youth Leader: Roline


My name is Roline Joeneme, I am 18 years old and I am a youth leader at the Edward C. Gartland Youth Centre.

As a youth leader, I play role of a receptionist at the front desk. As leader I'm a Disciplinary Coordinator. I see the Youth Centre as a place for me to me new people. The Centre is a place where I get a chance to be a role model to the younger people. Being a youth leader I get a chance to be a game leader also, coming up with new games to play with the children and getting them involved in the games.

I have been a youth leader at the Edward C. Gartland Youth Centre for a year. I do not just act as a leader here but I also participate in activities that are happening at the Centre such as board games, dance class, poetry, hula hoop competition and more.

I also play the position of supervising some of these games. The Youth Centre is a place to be and I think all young people should take the part in becoming a member.

No comments: